House painting is a daunting job. And it requires a lot of time, effort and money too. For house painting Auckland offers a lot of options. But, it is hard to decide whether you should hire professionals for your house painting in Auckland or you should do it yourself.
There is no doubt that hiring a professional house painter would result in a beautifully painted house. But at the same time house painting Auckland by professionals is quite expensive too. So, if you have a tight budget or you are just a painting enthusiast, you can paint your house yourself.
We Bring To You A Few Tips On House Painting:
1. The first step for house painting will be to get organized. Collect all the painting tools that you would require while house painting. Collect paint brushes, rollers, drop cloths, rags, plastic bags etc. at one place. Get ready to paint your house.
2. Move all the furniture in one place, Empty all your cabinets. Cover all your stuff and furniture with drop clothes and old sheets. Make sure everything is properly covered to avoid paint spills on your stuff.
3. Wear some old but comfortable clothes to get ready to paint. You can wear some overalls. Also cover your head with a hat or scarf to safe your hair from paint spills.
4. If your walls are not clean, clean them before painting them. If the old paint is peeling or cracking, sand it and fix the cracks. You should also prime your walls with a good quality primer.
5. Choose the paint and colour. For house painting Auckland has the option of water-based and oil-based paints. Choose the one that fits your criteria. For colour, choose something that complements the furniture and other interiors of your home. You can choose a combination of different shades and colours to give a vibrant touch to your home.
6. Now you are ready to paint. Start with a brush and paint the corners and wall trims first. Also cover the areas that you don’t want to paint like switch boards, etc. When you start with a roller, roll a light coat of paint first. And then get going.